Tuesday, May 12, 2009

THATC: Untouched and Unloved!


I kept promising people I would send them pics of THATC from last summer, when we first viewed the place. Here they are, as promised! The place was a total disaster, from the holey basement to the unusable kitchen (the tap sprayed water across the room!). We immediately began tearing out the kitchen, ripped out that soffit in the middle and fitted an Ikea Lidingo kitchen with butcher block countertops. It's not entirely finished (still!) but I will take some pictures later so you can see how much better it is. We still have to live with the vile tiles for the moment, but they are bearable.

T immediately pulled up the carpet in our bedroom and laid down a birch coloured laminate floor. We weren't thrilled about it, but didn't have any spare cash and the laminate cost less than $100. We were happy to be rid of the 25 year old carpet, which we stored in the basement and someone just picked up last week to use as flooring in their loft!

We have painted the living room, kitchen/dining room, the master bedroom and the basement room (where we learned, painfully, how to drywall) and bathroom, and I began painting the powder room about 4 months ago then stopped. Now that school is over it won't be long until I finish it (I promise!) The office is now a bright yellow, which has helped me stay cheerful through some extremely long nights.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are doing this. The house looks better every time I see it. Such a difference from when you first showed it to us! It is now loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to think of the sadness it suffered before we arrived! I hope it feels better!

    ReplyDelete