Wednesday, August 5, 2009

paint it black


The little tin of black paint I bought last week has almost gone!

We are planning to rip up the vile carpet on the stairs, and when we do, I intend to paint the risers white and the treads black. We may end up using some FLOR tiles on the treads too, especially when the pooch is on the scene.

In preparation for the blessed day when the carpet bites the dust (although from the state of it, I suppose that day came many years ago...) I decided to paint the stair rail and the newel posts black. When we arrived they were mostly white, but some parts had rubbed away to reveal they were once black.

Now they are nice and shiny :D What else can I paint black?

3 comments:

  1. That looks awesome :D Well done, Smeller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Megs and I have certainly come in and made ourselves comfortable.
    Never mind, you'll get your house back to yourselves soon :-)

    ReplyDelete