Monday, October 12, 2009

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

I wasn't able to post anything at the end of August, as I was working on an episode of Extreme Makeover in DC with Burch Builders Group, where I have been interning.

http://www.burchbuildersgroup.com/

We rebuilt The Fishing School in one week. It was a great project, very tiring but extremely worthwhile! The original school was around 2000sq ft, and the new building is about 6500sq ft. All the extra space will make a real difference to the after school and community support program.

I can't post proper pics yet as the show hasn't aired, so it's still pretty secretive. We were scheduled to be aired in November, but it's now looking like February. The new season has begun, so keep watching!

Here is a sneak preview of the close to end result:

1 comment:

  1. When I've told people in England of the show, many of them have said they've seen episodes, I didn't even know it existed.
    Since I've been over here for a while I've seen a couple and each one has made me cry.
    Some people do SO MUCH for others, it is wonderful that some of them can get something back. Its a shame it can't happen for more, but at least it can happen for some.

    ReplyDelete